In this video learn about some of the different dangers of rodents.
Thursday, May 31, 2018
Monday, May 28, 2018
Most homeowners have dealt with minor pest problems in the past. The stray spider, the trapped fly, even the errant rodent are relatively easy to outwit. But when these unwanted guests join others of their ilk, they can prove a formidable foe. Whether insect or critter, any kind of infestation requires professional attention. Here are five unmistakable signs you need an exterminator ASAP.
1. Daytime Visits
Because most pests are nocturnal, they rarely venture out during the daylight. If you should spot a mouse, cockroach, or termite when the sun is up, there's a good chance your residence is infested. This goes double when the trespasser is an insect, such as an ant or cockroach, since rogue insects are often scouts searching for food; and where there are scouts, there's often a colony nearby. You might even be able to follow them back their home, which is often in a moist area like underneath the refrigerator.
2. Scratching Noises
Even if you don't believe in ghosts, scratching noises at night can give anyone a fright. More often than not, however, mice and other rodents are to blame for nighttime noises in your walls and ceilings. As we mentioned, these pests are nocturnal, which means they search for food at night. So all of that scratching and scurrying you hear is nothing more than hungry critters. Because rodents can multiply at incredible rates, it is important to contact an exterminator the morning after you hear nighttime scratching sounds.
It should come as no surprise that pests have lousy bathroom habits. They leave their dropping wherever they please, hoping you won't find them. When it comes to insects, you might need to pull out your magnifying glass to spot them on your carpet or floor. Roach droppings, for example, are quite small and look a bit like ground pepper. Much easier to track are mouse dropping, which are, individually, about the size and general shape of a grain of rice. Because mice go number two several times a day (or night), their droppings should be easy to spot.
4. Strange Smells
If your home suddenly stinks, there's a good chance a rodent has died in some inaccessible space like the walls or heating ducts. The foul odor will not go away until the dead critter is removed by an exterminator. An insect infestation may also produce strange smells that can be overpowering in small spaces. Depending on the size of the colony, the smell may be somewhat musty or oily.
5. Bite Marks
If you have itchy red marks on your body after a good night's sleep, there's an excellent chance you're sleeping with several thousand guests. Bedbugs are pesky parasites that will feed on your blood for as long as you let them. Pest control professionals can easily eliminate these unwanted bunkmates in no time.
If you observe any of the aforementioned warning signs, contact an exterminator immediately.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Alfred_Ardis/663300
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9248081
Friday, May 25, 2018
Nothing ruins a picnic like a line of ants. Nothing ruins a barbecue like a swarm of mosquitoes. And nothing ruins a morning like spotting a spider, cockroach, or mouse somewhere in your house.
Keep bugs and critters away from your home and yard this summer with these 10 best pest control practices.
1. Block Their Entry to Your Home
Your first line of defense is to make it difficult for pests to even find an entry to your home. Check all your screens for holes, and repair if you find any. Check around your doors and windows for gaps, and replace window stripping when needed.
2. Clean Your Kitchen
A pile of crumbs on your counter or floor is like a treasure chest to ants and other insects. Let them find treasure elsewhere - outside and far away from your home - by making sure you offer no treasure to be found in your own kitchen. Wipe your counters, sweep your floors, put food away immediately, and take out the trash regularly.
3. Get Rid of Standing Water
Getting rid of standing water is the first step to control mosquitoes. Standing water is a breeding ground for mosquitoes, and a big, fat invitation for mosquitoes to start a family. It’s easy to miss standing water sometimes, so regularly walk your property to check for it. Look in rain spouts, check for leaks near your air conditioning unit, and pick up toys left scattered throughout the yard.
4. Maintain Your Yard
Keep your landscaping maintained to avoid overgrowth that is perfect for pests and their nests. Trim bushes and trees that are near the house, rake up debris, and yes - you’re also going to have to weed.
5. Eat Your Fruits and Veggies
Don’t let fruits and veggies get overly ripe on your counter. If you do, the fruit flies will invite themselves in for a spell and eliminating fruit flies is a headache you don’t want.
6. Store Your Firewood Properly
Don’t give termites free access to your home. If you store firewood, keep it away from your house or shed. As far away as possible, actually. Five feet should be the minimum distance, but if you can store it even farther away, you’ll be in better shape. Also, store it in racks above the ground.
7. Don’t Throw Meat Outside Too Soon
Try not to throw meat scraps in your outside garbage unless the garbage will be picked up in the next 48 hours or so. The combination of rotting meat and summer sun could bring unwanted pests to your yard alarmingly fast.
8. Inspect Swings and Outdoor Furniture
Regularly check the chains and corners of your swing sets and outdoor furniture for spider webs and egg sacks. Remove them when you see them.
9. Don’t Bring the Outside In
Keep outside toys outside and inside toys inside. If you have to bring in a toy, chair, or table, thoroughly wipe it down first.
10. Use a Pest Control Service
Hire a local pest control service to come to your home and regularly spray for bugs and rodents common to your area. “As pest control experts, we can take inventory of your issues and create a personalized plan to keep pests away”, says Jason Revill with Spott Pest Prevention in Austin, TX. “A professional pest control company can provide more protection than you can on your own, and the peace of mind you’ll receive knowing you have an expert protecting your home is immeasurable”, says Revill.
While there are a lot of things you can do to try and prevent pests around your home, sometimes you just need to bring in the pros. Whether you choose to do it all on your own or hire a professional pest control service, though, keep these tips in mind to take control of your yard again and have a more pest-free summer!
Article Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-morrow/10-pest-control-tips-to-k_b_10760166.html
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
When the weather outside begins to get warm, most individuals love spending time outside and enjoying nature with friends or alone. While this weather makes for nice outdoor experiences, most people are not interested in the little critters moving around indoors, especially in their own homes. With this change of season also comes the birth and hatching of new insects both large and small. In many homes and businesses residents and business owners are experiencing the burden of ant infestations and are relying on ant control specialists to help them get rid of these annoying little critters.
There are many different kinds of ants, some are small and some are large. Although ants are thought to feed only on sugar, they can also feed on many other things such as meats, dairy products and even dead insects and other dead animals. Once an infestation has been established it can be very difficult for the average individual to remove every last one of these pests. In the event of an infestation, it is critical for the homeowner to implement the proper ant control methods not only in order to completely exterminate all of the insects but also to ensure that they won't return again.
An interesting, and sometimes difficult to understand fact about ants is that they are a very communal type of insect which makes them capable of strategizing and working together as a team in order to do whatever it takes to sustainably survive in their chosen environment. Like all animals, they are attracted to water which means that almost any moist environment is an ideal place for them to establish where they will live, feed and also reproduce. Not only are they just annoying but they also attract other insects and animals such as cockroaches and even rodents. When preventing an insect invasion it is critical to keep in mind the potential places from which they can enter a home or any closed structure. Places such as doors and window seals are common spots for ants to access the interior of structures, as many of these places contain wood that may be damp and cracked. Although ants are small and seemingly harmless, many types are capable of biting humans, leaving behind annoying and even painful sores. They also have unique defense mechanisms and are capable of communicating elaborate attack signals. This makes possible their unique ability to swarm all over their prey, biting their victim together as a group which has the potential to even kill both animals and humans.
Like roaches, ants are highly resilient survivalists and they are able to sustain living in almost all conditions, even extreme temperatures. They are also capable of swimming in water and have highly durable exoskeletons protecting them from predators and enabling them to survive in almost any environment. The most effective ant control methods for the prevention of an infestation and for the extermination of an existing invasion are only available by licensed professionals.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Andrew_Stratton/83489
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7749820
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Nobody likes having intruders and that is what pests are. If it is found that your home or office is the source of easy food and a safe shelter where they won't be bothered, pests will have no problem making your space their home.
Pests are not only unpleasant to look at (after all since when is a rat cute or cockroaches pretty to look at?), they can cause significant and costly damage to your home or office and can cause unsanitary conditions that give rise to potential health issues.
The ongoing battle of keeping pests out is nothing new. Unfortunately, many people don't take any pest control measures until after they notice the damage or unpleasant evidence of pests. Sometimes, by that point, it can be too late and the damage already done.
Like other potential problems that can quickly get out of hand if not addressed, pest control is more effective and cheaper the sooner and quicker you take preventative measures.
A reactive approach to pest control can easily result in more time and energy than expected or desired. It is also more costly.
The reactionary approach to pest control also increases the reliance of unpleasant, sometimes expensive pest control chemicals and products. These products can have an unpleasant odor, cause serious injury and health problems if mishandled, accidentally eaten or used in an area without adequate ventilation. When used outdoors, it can kill or damage plants or grass.
Preventative Pest Control Measures
When preventative pest control measures are taken, there is a lesser need for harsh pest treatment chemicals.
Pest love to hide in areas in and around the home or office buildings that don't get routine, regular maintenance and upkeep. Occasional, thorough cleanings are the foundation in pest prevention.
Besides keeping the inside and outside of the buildings clean, here are some easy, additional pest prevention measures you can take:
· Keep the attic, basements and crawl spaces dry and ventilated
· Seal up cracks and holes along the outside of the home including those around pipes, utility entry points, around door and window frames and those in the foundation where it meets the ground or bottom of the house.
· Properly store and dispose of trash in a way that it is securely contained and keep it away from the house or office building.
· Keep trees, bushes and shrubbery well-trimmed and way from the building.
· Replace worn weather stripping around doors, windows and the basement foundation.
· Repair any worn or rotted building components such as siding, stairs or roof shingles.
· Store fire wood away from the house and make sure it is off the ground.
· Clean up food crumbs from off the counters, desks and on the floors. At home, don't eat in bed.
· Store all non-perishable food in a cool, dry place and keep it securely enclosed.
· Don't leave unused pet food sitting out and properly store any pet food that is not used.
If you are still concerned about your risk of bugs or rodents, you should contact a qualified, professional pest control team. They will be able to provide an assessment of your home or office and offer suggestions, advice and treatment if necessary.
Keeping your space clean, dry and well-ventilated, the landscaping well-maintained and secure storage of wood and trash away from the building are some easy and effective preventative pest control measures you can take. If you wait until you see pests, damage could already be done and you'll need to put in more time and costs into pest control than you would have liked.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Andy_Fish/2389707
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9726324
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
If you find a few ants marching along the wall in your kitchen, it may be time to call an exterminator. It can also mean that making a few changes to your environment will likely take care of your pesky issue.
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Grossed out by the sight of the reddish brown insect? With the existence dated back to about the pre-historic era, cockroaches are the only insects that have survived through 70 million years and will survive through nuclear explosions.
The human and cockroach association has often been remarkable. These insects have adopted through the times since humans lived in a cave, till the date we moved to skyscrapers. Actually, cockroaches are seen in the daylight, only when they are sick, or the place is too crowded for them.
They are not only contributors to fear of diseases and social embarrassment, crawling on your sink, running down the pipe hole, resting in the corners of your fridge, and running down the pipe hole. Your family health can be further deteriorated, if these vectors or carriers of diseases somehow come into contact with any of the stuff affecting your health.
1. Contamination of food - Cockroaches can survive on anything virtually. They survive on dead plants, animals, glue, soap, leather, paper, faecal matter along with strands of hair. Defecating on open food is their regular habit, leaving hair and dead skin behind while depositing eggs on them.
2. Disease causing bacteria inoculation - When the feeding cockroaches eject their saliva and other germs on the food items, it is supposed to have effects on your health. This is said to be causing a range of digestive problems, sepsis and urinary tract infections.
3. Body part invasions - Your body parts can also be invaded by cockroaches while you are in your sleep. They may enter your body through your nose and ears while you are in deep slumber. Body orifices can also be invaded by some of these pests.
4. Poisoning of food - It has been found after research that infestations by cockroaches can cause a number of diseases. Salmonella is another type of bacterium carried by these pests that can cause a huge range of diseases.
5. Allergies - The saliva secreted by the cockroaches can cause a number of allergies, which include skin rashes, watery eyes and sneezing.
6. Asthma - Asthma attack ratios have been seen to have increased to the double in case your home is cockroach infested. Severe complications can life threatening diseases can be avoided, if the cockroach allergens are kept in check.
Weekly cleansing and a few other regulations will help you keep cockroach infestations and problems caused by them in check.Ensure you maintain them for a healthy family.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Bob_D_Willis/1972929
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8689479
Monday, May 7, 2018
Friday, May 4, 2018
That line of ants can be bothersome especially when you have a party at home, or guests are about to arrive at your place. Mosquitoes, rodents, mice, spiders, flies, and bugs are another category of menace that can spoil your mood and the surroundings.
Keeping the pest away is the only solution to the concerned problem. The article highlights a few effective pest control practices to keep these problem creatures at bay.
Seven Effective Pest Control Tips
- Block all their passages to your home - The simplest way is to restrict their entry to your home by covering all the open sources. With open sources, I mean all the holes and gaps. Get them repaired as soon as possible for achieving a peaceful ambience.
- Clear all the standing water - Is there any standing water around your surroundings? If your answer is yes, then let me inform you that you are giving an open invitation to the pest in your place. Keep a regular check on your property to find out if there is some water standing in your vicinity. Clear it soon for ensuring a cleaner and bug-free environment.
- The squeaky-clean kitchen is a possible solution - I advise you to get your kitchen rid of all the littered food as ants like to flock to the junk around. Wipe each corner of the kitchen, sweep floors, slabs, and countertops for the best results.
- Inspection of outdoor furniture and yards - Regular examination of the yards and outdoor furniture is essential to find out if there are spider webs, snakes, and egg sacks. If you can see these developments in the outdoor surroundings, get them cleared quickly.
- Consume fruits and veggies as soon as possible - We often store fruits and vegetables in a basket and forget to have them. In such a case, fruits and veggies get overly ripe and become a centre of attraction for the ants. The strong smell produced by such eatables works as a magnetic element to them and they get flocked to the same.
- Make use of anti-allergens to clean the floor - Make use of anti-allergens like phenyl to wash the floor. It helps to keep the pest away.
- Hire professional pest control services - If you feel that in spite of adopting all the precautionary measures, things do not seem to be working on a right direction, hiring professionals is the only choice left then. They are the only people who will come to your rescue during an emergency.
Just keeping a few pest control tips in mind can contribute to a healthy environment for you and your family members this summer. Cheers and Happy summers!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9824331
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Professional pest control companies work methodically and dedicatedly to make your home pest free. The moment you get in touch with a reputed pest control service in your area, you get the peace of mind that the problem would be dealt with most efficiently. However, you must make sure that you contact the right company to receive the most competent services.
Some of the basic factors that help in determining the level of competence a company is capable of working with include:
Experience: It is important that the company you hire must have adequate experience in the field of pest control. With experience comes the knowledge and expertise to deal with a problem better and to ensure a flawless accomplishment of the job.
Trained Staff: The people who would be working in your home trying to restore it back to its clean and hygienic state must be appropriately trained, experienced and certified to ensure meticulous execution of the pest control project. Hence it is important that you select a company employing only those who have extensive experience in the industry.
Up-to-date Services: The process of pest extermination has made remarkable advancements over the years. Old traditional methods have been replaced by new and advanced techniques. It is important therefore that the company you hire must keep themselves updated on the latest pest control methods in order to ensure meticulous extermination.
Reputation: Reputation is one of the most significant factors that need to be checked and verified before hiring the services of a pest control company. Study the market well and make necessary inquiries to obtain detailed information about the kind of reputation a particular service provider has earned for themselves.
Once you make your selection regarding a pest control service, it is important that you know exactly what to expect from them. Setting the right expectations helps you to prepare yourself for the kind of services you are supposed to look for in a company, thereby avoiding unnecessary disappointments.
Here are some of the significant ways they help people live in a house that's free of pests:
Pest Inspection: It is always wise to take necessary precautions even before the problem has struck. Reputed pest control companies perform thorough and meticulous inspection of your home to detect any possibility for a pest attack. When purchasing a new home the pest inspection involves identifying any signs of previous treatments. This helps in knowing if the house has ever been infested with pests.
Pest Extermination: There are various kinds of pests that can invade your home and spoil its hygiene and safety. Expert pest extermination services know the appropriate techniques and tools required for dealing with specific pests, thereby ensuring quick and accurate elimination of the problem.
Anti-Pest Treatments: Experienced and trusted pest control companies can not only ensure meticulous inspection and flawless extermination, but are also knowledgeable enough to provide effective anti-pest treatments in your home to prevent pest infestation again in the future.
The secret to efficient pest extermination lies in the implementation of right treatments and techniques. And that requires appropriate knowledge, experience and training that can only be expected from professional pest control services.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Mark_Hub_Archer/1955209
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8894486