Bet you didn't know...
1. Did you know that an ant never sleeps. (Actually they Power Sleep)
2. An ant can lift 50 times its weight
3. The ant has two stomachs, one holds food for itself and the second is for food to be shared with the other ants.
4. Every ant colony has at least one Queen. The job of the queen is to lay eggs.
5. Every ant colony has its own smell.
6. Did you know that Black and ants and wood ants have no sting, but they squirt a spray of formic acid,
7. Some birds put ants in their feathers because the ants squirt formic acid which gets rid of the parasites,
8. All the workers and soldiers in females.